A little over 7 years ago, I resigned from my partnership at my law firm in New York to embark on a road less traveled. With nothing but a vision to change Nigeria and to amplify the muted voices of women, I stepped out in faith, trusting God that my life’s work would disrupt the status quo and ignite a revolution for Nigerian women.
Today, exactly 7 years ago, we began the journey and what a journey it has been! To all those who believed (and even those who didn’t), thank you! Because of you, the lives of 2,500+ women have changed for the better and we are a leading voice in Nigeria’s anti-trafficking movement. Here are a few of our achievements:
- THOUGHT LEADER/EXPERTS IN NIGERIA’S ANTI-TRAFFICKING RESPONSE
- CONDUCTED NIGERIA’S FIRST EVER GAP ANALYSIS ON TRAFFICKING
- ONLINE HUB OF ECONOMIC RESOURCES FOR SURVIVORS (Launching in 8/21)
- PATH (REHABILITATION) PLANS FOR OVER 500 TRAFFICKING SURVIVORS
- LEAD FACILITATORS/TRAINERS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- DEVELOPED NATIONAL STAKEHOLDER GUIDELINES
- NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANTS
- PROVIDING EXCELLENCE IN SURVIVOR CARE
- OUTREACH REACHING MILLIONS DAILY
- GROUND BREAKING RESEARCHERS
- PARTNERS IN NINE COUNTRIES
- ANCHOR SHELTER THRIVING
- THREE OFFICE LOCATIONS
- LEGISLATIVE DRAFTERS
- 300+ VOLUNTEERS
Today, we remain as committed as we were on Day 1. Nigeria must work in one lifetime: ours.
To support our work, please donate right here: www.pathfindersji.org/donate or in Nigeria, via Guaranty Trust Bank: Account 0164719490. 100% of all proceeds will go to serve #survivors of sex trafficking and sexual violence in Nigeria.
From me and all the brave survivors we serve, thank you!
Happy 7th birthday to us!
R. Evon Benson-Idahosa, Founder and Executive Director